October 25, 2011

#32





hi·ber·nateverb (used without object), -nat·ed, -nat·ing.

1.
Zoology. to spend the winter in close quarters in a dormant condition, as bears and certain other animals.
2.
to withdraw or be in seclusion; retire.
3.
to winter in a place with a milder climate: Each winter finds us hibernating in Australia.



I totally relate to this. I feel myself slowing down. Not wanting to be outside. I have to really push myself to go out. Once I am out I feel good, but the energy it takes to get dressed feels like it could be better spent doing something cozy inside instead. I don't feel depressed - just more content in withdrawing. The idea of making things, being creative, cooking, eating is calling me more than usual. Candles and burning incense and delicious warm soups on the stove are now the norm. And knowing that I am getting on a plane and heading to paradise in December is like having that stash of your favourite something somewhere in the house for whenever you want it.

Yawn. Stretch. Better get dressed now and go & get my favourite Spelt bread from the bakery before it's all sold out.

Here's an interesting article about possible hibernation in Russian folk. Too cool!








No comments: