October 1, 2011

#17




i've missed a few days and broken the rules, but unlike my past,
i'm not going to let that be the reason for giving up completely
on this blog.

i have let go of so many well started projects, classes, courses,
business ideas, fitness programs, etc before this that even i am
bored by a similar response from myself.

why i do it is a curiosity to me. is it self-sabotage? is it pure and
utter laziness? is it due to perfectionism? is it another thing for
me to pull apart and analyse to within an inch of its life thereby
making it a distraction?

i really could go on and on about why i do it, but i am tired
of hearing it. so as i sit and write this post, i am doing it in the
hope of breaking the pattern that has bound me. i am releasing
the need to beat myself up for failing to post and seeing each day
as a new time to recommit.

because (sorry about the bad grammar, but i will not apologise
for the use of lower case everywhere because that is intentional)
it does not matter.

the only thing that seems to matter at all right now to me is
relationship. how well i can be in relationship to those around me
to be precise. being present to whatever is happening and without
agenda or distraction being truly with whoever i am with.
sometimes its easy, sometimes not at all.

whenever i am tired, i know i suck at it. so it is imperative on me to
not be tired or find strategies to handle that so it is no excuse. daily
meditation is where i find my strength. it really is my saviour and i
pay much gratitude to myself for maintaining this practise.

the days since my friend's funeral have me feeling tired and
introspective. i can feel the loss of this person from the world acutely
and can feel the ripples of loss in all the people in his circle. the world
seems a more mutated shade now.

grief is a strange and unwelcome beast even when i understand that
all things are momentary and that grief or love or joy is not even a solid
reality we can hold onto. and so i am doing what the buddhists have
talked about for thousands of years - sitting with my grief and feeling it.
becoming friendly with it. allowing it to be here just as much as i would
with more positive emotions. that way i can experience it without it
becoming suppressed by distractions, only to reappear at some
unannounced time in the future.

my grief right now is my practise. and what i have discovered so far is
that it is very a slow very heavy feeling and it sits in different parts of
my body. it is not located in only one place. there is also another feeling
of numbness. or even the feeling of nothing - like a big space or hole.
and it makes me feel tired. tiredness is the most obvious feature i have
noticed.

and the overriding thought that i repeat is wanting or desiring a different
outcome to what has occurred. i am wishing for a reversal of events. so
it's becoming clear my suffering, my grief is primarily due to non acceptance.
not accepting that my friend has passed.
what good is it to me to think these thoughts?
and if i don't think them will my grief pass?
hmmmmm.




No comments: