October 18, 2011

#27

i spend a considerable amount of time trawling this digital world
of ours. i find a lot of inspiration and incredible creativity out there.
but some days, it starts to pull me down a bit. it's on the days when
i am feeling out of balance it happens. then i start to compare myself and
feel my array of inadequacies.

how am i meant to be showing up in this world? i think to myself.

and because i have been looking outside myself too much and filling
up on the chorus of voices, as lovely as they are, i realise i have been losing
my way. i have been giving away my energy.

so it's then that i turn off the computer, disconnect the phone and take
a walk. sit down on the earth and feel it beneath me. listen. feel.
and before long, i feel alive again. and in rhythm. my own rhythm.
and even if i am not doing anything particularly creative, i am happy
just being.




1 comment:

dani said...

we have all been conditioned to believe that when we are doing something, if we are busy, or creating, or achieving, then we are worth something. nisaradatta reminds us continually, that all we need to remember is TO JUST BE.

big hugs to you sis xxxxx